Shapely. A few pins left.




I have a handful of badges left from the festive season. I sold them at Colston Hall and at MABEE ethical honey shop in the Galleries. They went surprisingly well. And i'm not trying to be modest I was genuinely nervous about the whole thing. The designs were more stylized (blobby was the actual word I was thinking) from what I'm used to and the marks i used with a pyrography pen were not as detailed as my brain wanted. I also burnt a lot of my own hair. However this tiny success makes me want to pick up the piercing saw and try some new things like maybe some jewelry.  

A few things to change: 1. The pins. The fiddly pins! I'd like something more solid so cold 
                                       hands have a chance to nip the badge onto a jumper quickly.

                                   2. The sticking of the pins. Oh glue gun. You settled my                                                        nightmares of badges falling apart but you look messy.

                                   3. Try some more pigmented colours. The red was fantasic, some                                         were miserable on the wood and therefore not used.

                                   4. Hand made is great for uniquneness points and control, but                                                strong laser cut designs would be neat and profesh. 

Comments

Popular Posts