Stephy Draws and Stephy Talks

Oh me oh my its's 2016. It has taken until the eleventh day to emerge from certain dark crevices in my brain. The weight of it being the year I get married is exhilarating and panic inducing all at once. I feel somewhat lonely after the festive season but not too unhappy in my own company. The biggest worry right now is money! Har har no one ever talks about money do they? Planning a wedding puts you in a weird position where you chuck cash at the oddest but equally most necessary things. By no means are we having an extravagant, lavish affair.... Just spending all our wages and effort of throwing an event that reflects who we are. Although why we didn't book the Groupon two grand helicopter elopement over the grand canyon is lost to me now. What keeps us going is how excited friends and family are for the day. Literally the one day probably of all life where my favourite people are all together. And there will be pizza! All hail pizza.

Realization check. I've just moaned about my wedding in what was supposed to be an inspiring new years segment. Ah fuck it. 


One huge kick up the arse has been Robs worst best Christmas gift he ever could of got me. He bought me 'The magical art of tidying'. The wonderous book by Marie Kondo that gets you to clear out the crap and feel joy in the home. Well, I can say our house had been well and truly Kon Maried. Then we went to IKEA. LOLS. (and with a wedding to pay for BAD NEARLY WEDS. BAD'... I did avoid the usual IKEA trinket purchases. No candles were brought home. One house plant did sneak its way in howevs. It's Sweden vs. Japan in here. The reason we are 'doing up' our little rental house is because we have come to realize we are staying put here, probably for a few years. And being a married couple, I had decided, along with being 25 meant you have to have at least a bit of your shit together and live in a real home for long than an average of 1.5 years. I'll show off all the housey stuff next. 

Lastly I wanted to go over the what should be most important and celebrated part of my life- my illustration.... journey? ew. Many times I have spoken about how Amelia of Amelias Magzine created the beautiful Colourful Colouring Companion of which I'm featured in. It really has created this momentum in my soul I desperately need to seize. December '15 was tough because there was all this excitement. And then hours and hours of extra retail (day job). I actually love where I work. Its a little break from the stress of my brain going tick tick tick tick. However I had also decided to make allllll the Christmas presents from tree logs (I cheated some and bought goodies for children...) So my art became a chore for a month. Now looking back, I love what i did. Always the way. I had no time to take good pictures so here are what can only be the shittiest pictures of my long Christmas present making experience. 




.











This is a sad sorry picture for a good illustration! 




 


Scrubbing off moss, baking them in the oven (house smelt GREAT), sanding them and painting them black to be illustrated! 

Off to play with paper now, the joys! xx

Comments

Popular Posts