This Shit is Bananas

I'm 41 weeks pregnant and at 40+4 I had a 'failed' stretch and sweep. I say failed because my midwife couldn't even get in there. My cervix was high, hard and unyielding.
Question is, how to you monitor or change- if at all, something you've never laid eyes on?
             
Myself and the beardy husband have been excitable over every twinge and sign the past few weeks has produced. It's been disappointing for the poor man to find me swaying and groaning on all fours thinking its time only for it to be wind. I've been walked more than a family dog. I have up to four cups of raspberry leaf daily (not for cervix specifically).I 'rotate to dilate' regularly on my ball. I have also been diligent in taking plenty of evening primrose capsules. Not brave enough to put them up there though. Yet. 

We even shrugged off needing the stretch (or scratch and sniff we've affectionately renamed it) after lots of POOING. Yep. Another good sign! But alas. I'm literally a tough ol bird. Baby's head is literally banging on the door but my fanny wont answer. Its just not ready yet. 

Why the rush?

Well. I'm hardly overdue. I'm comfortable enough and still have enough sickness tablets to last me a few weeks. I don't really moan and groan. I get emotional and sometime have a whinge in bed when there's time to think about the general aches and pains of being term. I also have a deadline to be getting on with as well as other creative tasks I have set myself. So I could do with this time really.

However. The 'induction' word was used last appointment and that fills me with absolute dread. After a Daisy Birthing workshop, plenty of aqua natal exercise and a desire to use a birthing pool I'm really down for having a normal birth. Not 'hippy' or 'alternative', bloody normal. Where my body can get on with what it needs without monitoring and fuss. I know the levels of what centres and hospitals do and allow are different depending where you are and I haven't discussed it with my midwife properly yet. I'm just jumping ahead as always trying to second guess the next move, sort my action plan, rally my team!

It's a strange limbo. I want baby to come when my body is ready. Baby is ready. He's so low I can feel his head on the front of my crotch when I have a wee. I'll keep active and do what I can but in the meantime I'm off to waft my bits next to some bananas. Like you do when you want to ripen an avocado by popping it in the bowl with the other fruits. Jokes.

Maybe...

Oh bab.

We'll meet each other soon.




Comments

Popular Posts